All Moved In... Now What?

I spent the entire weekend moving, moving and moving some more. I got a McDonalds run in there some where, too. I felt like I deserved a little salt and grease for my hard work! I'm very sore, and just a smidge bummed because I didn't get the bedroom I wanted... but I'm not the type to dwell on small, petty things.
My new bedroom is a good size with nice hardwood floors, a beautiful picture window that looks out to the tree-lined street, and a large (though very strangely arranged) closet. My only real problem with it is that it's pretty long and narrow with the window oposit the door, which makes it difficult to find a layout for my furniture that doesn't require the bed to block the window or be squared off into the corner, against the wall. Neither option allows for a headboard- and I really, really want a headboard! I know that in the decor world, there is a bit of a 'taboo' against certain room arrangements, and it seems as though any position my bed could go would most certainly offend the design powers that be.

Apartment Therapy recently posted about such taboos and included photos from bedrooms where the rules were broken, and the result was still beautiful. {Here's the link: Apartment Therapy}

I wasn't a huge fan of the pictures they chose, so I set out to find some inspiration elsewhere. What do you think?

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. I personally love the bed being up against the window, especially with the solid color curtains behind it almost acting like a headboard. Plus you don't ever have to worry about the sun waking you up unless you like that sort of thing. Your bed should be the focal point of your bedroom anyways, so why not just stick it in the middle?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...