My Favorite Little Chair

I have a confession. I'm addicted to Jonathan Adler. But not just Jonathan Adler... it's his bamboo chippendale chairs. I pine. I swoon. I have dreams of hosting tea parties that are as elegant as they are snobby. There is just something so pleasingly eclectic about their presence in a room. Added to the simplest of desks or dining tables, or even just strategically placed in a living room- they ground any space with a touch class and whimsy. And we all know how I love whimsy.

A few years ago, back when I lived in a small town outside Dallas, TX, I found a knockoff Jonathan Adler chair at a Goodwill for $4. That's right... $4 bucks. Its off-white paint was peeling and the sad little leather seat was cracked, but I knew I had a true gem on my hands. I repainted it a bright orchid purple and reupholstered the seat in a poppy fabric. We fell in love, this chair and I. I took it with me all the way to Chicago, and now it sits proudly next to my tiny couch. I feel like a grown up every time I look at it.
I'm thinking of repainting my chair for my new apartment. Any suggestions?
{Via Decor Pad, Elle Decor, White Haven Interiors, Domino}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...