Woodsy

I realize I'm a little behind as it's almost June (what?!), but I just picked up a copy of this month's Elle Decor. To be brutally honest, I was feeling a bit underwhelmed. I felt a lot of the rooms were too cold and impersonal. That was until I saw the feature on Keri Russell and her very handsome (not to mention handy) husband, Shane Deary. Together this talented duo renovated their Brooklyn brownstone, originally built in the 1860's. Prepare to me amazed.
Deary pain-stakingly stripped it down to the nuts and bolts before lovingly rebuilding every last room all by himself. The result is an incredibly open, light-filled home filled with hand-made details constructed from reclaimed wood and other ingenious materials. For her part, Russell chose luxe yet comfy fabrics, color schemes and industrial details that don't so much compete with the impressive wood work as accent it to perfection.
I'm so enamoured with the resourcefullness of this couple... the majority of the wood, windows and gorgeous furniture are made entirely of reclaimed wood. Beautiful and eco-friendly? Good lordy, this place is just heavenly!
{Via Elle Decor, photography by William Waldron}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...