Shout Out!!

Meet the beautiful Christina Cornier. She's teeny-tiny, has rockin red glasses, is obsessed with mermaids, and happens to be one of the most telented painters I know. Her introspective paintings and self-portraits show women in raw, everyday settings revealing true vulnerability behind their movements. The viewer feels as exposed as the painting's subject.
"I’m interested in the idea of the public versus the private along with processes of beautification and how these spaces can transform into alter settings and these practices into rituals. [...]I’m constantly questioning how we present ourselves and when presentation becomes masking. My interest in vulnerability, control and empowerment has led to a deconstruction and redefining of feminism that I explore in my work." -Christina Cornier

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...