Jaded

Sometimes a rad necklace is all you need to feel a little better about yourself. I've always loved jade and I'm so excited that it's gaining popularity again! I used to want my wedding ring to have jade instead of diamonds because I just had to be different. The color is so unique and lovely, and diamonds are so... sparkly. Which isn't a bad thing, but I prefer the natural beauty of earthy stones.
My style is pretty girly, so my outfits usually have some sort of frill-factor to them, but every now and then I just feel like wearing a t-shirt (usually of the striped variety) and a cute pair of skinny jeans. Bold, chunky jewelery like these necklaces keep casual days from becoming frumpy days. Throw em on, and voila! So chic. What are some of your style secrets for freshening up a classic t-shirt?
           fig. #01 Stella & Dot Contessa Jade Necklace
 fig. #02 ModCloth Hey, Jade Necklace
fig. #03 Necklace, via Cubicle Refugee

2 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of wrapping a simple scarf over a tee to add a chic yet casual flair... a la this one: http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/vans-girls-fall-winter-2011#!/photos/123784/2

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that third necklace just made my heart palpitate. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...