run it

Let me tell you a little tale. Once upon a time, I was a great runner. I was 6 and the P.E. coach at school forced us poor 1st graders to run the mile around the football field. I was surprised to find that I was at the head of the pack, beaten only by the Berry twins and Brittany Elbel, aka 'Elbows'. I was sure I could run faster than most kids and so I simply ran faster than most kids. Where did that fierce determination to push my body come from? And more importantly, where did it go?? I want it back. And a friend of mine has inspired me to do just that. On Nov. 5th I'm running a 5K, also known as 3.2 miles. At the moment, I can run about a mile. This is going to be a long 2 months of training. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...